Boat, fish, or just enjoy the scenery.
A five acre man-made lake provides opportunity for boating, fishing and enjoying a beautiful natural habitat. During designated hours guests may enjoy paddleboats, canoes and kayaks. Fishing is permitted in the lake and in nearby Powell's Creek. A Pennsylvania fishing license may be required in accordance with state law.
Mountain View Lake is available for use by overnight guests, program participants and registered day visitors. Day guests must register at the office and pay appropriate day fees.
- Boating is permitted only during lake hours and when a camp staff person is on duty.
- Guests under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult supervisor
- Guests on watercraft must wear a lifejacket at all times.
- Fishing is permitted, but may not to be done off the dock or “beach” area by the boats. All Pennsylvania fishing laws apply.
- Swimming in the lake is not permitted.
- Lake availability is subject to change without notice.
- Organized groups (15+) should contact our office to schedule in advance.