- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 carrot, minced
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup seashell pasta
1) Heat oil in 4-quart pot over medium heat until hot. Add onion, carrot & garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
2) Add undrained tomatoes, undrained cannellini beans, chicken broth, parsley, ham & black pepper to pot and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Let boil for approximately 1 minute and let simmer for 10 minutes, covered.
3) Add pasta to pot and simmer approximately 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve immediately and enjoy.