Statement of Faith
Camp Hebron is a Christian camp and retreat center which reflects an Anabaptist/Mennonite perspective. Our goal is to follow Jesus as Savior and Lord in lives that reflect righteousness, love and service in all that we are and do. Because our faith and life are centered in Jesus Christ, we value...
A way of seeing the world through God's reign
- Radical allegiance to the reign of God above all other powers.
- Believers baptism as a sign of new life in Christ that includes a vital commitment to a local congregation.
- The rich and varied expressions of culture, race, language, and worship emerging through the work of the Holy Spirit.
A way of reading Scripture through Jesus
- The reading of Scripture that leads to authentic obedience to Jesus Christ. We understand Scripture through Christ, discerned in community, and guided by the Holy Spirit.
- Anabaptist expressions of this way of reading such as the Confession of Faith in a Mennonite Perspective. We encourage disciples to engage in theological reflection.
A way of living the Christian life as disciples
- God's mission of reconciliation to the world and participate as sent disciples by sharing the good news of Jesus Christ through worship, witness, and service.
- Peace as a way of living that is deeply rooted in the Gospel and expresses Christ's love in all human relationships, even with our enemies.
- A congregation of disciples who live intentionally as a culturally-relevant contrast to the world where mutual care, accountability and discernment are Christ-centered and Spirit-led.
- The Christian home as a primary setting for nurturing faith and healthy relationships.
- Simplicity, integrity, justice, and personal and global stewardship that reflect Christ and honor God.
Adopted from Lancaster Mennonite Conference