Frequently Asked Questions
WHO CAN I TALK TO IF I HAVE QUESTIONS?
Contact our program staff by phone at 717-896-3441 or toll-free 1-800-864-7747, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will my child be safe at Camp Hebron?
Camp Hebron is a controlled environment in which all guests are required to register. Staff are carefully screened and appropriate background checks are conducted. Summer staff go through intensive training which includes how to care for and counsel children of all ages, and are never permitted to be alone with a child. Staff in skilled positions such as lifeguard or wrangler are required to have standard certifications.
What if my child has special medical needs?
Our summer staff includes certified First Aid Consultants (FACs), available 24 hours a day during summer camp sessions. FACs review all health forms in advance and meet with parents during check-in to review your child’s needs and health history.
What is the food like?
Camp Hebron meals are delicious and the food is plentiful. Our kitchen staff prepares meals that are well balanced and appeal to kids and families. Alternatives are available for those with food allergies or strict diets; contact us in advance if there are special dietary needs.
What time do I drop off my camper?
Between 2:30 & 3:30 PM on Sunday.
can my camper request a roommate?
Yes, they can request up to two. Please make the request through your online account so it is saved in our system.
- Log in to your Hebron account
- Click on "View Itinerary"
- Click on your Camper's Name and Enrolled Camp
- Click on "Roommate Request"
*Note that while it is helpful if the request is ‘accepted’ by your camper's friend, it is not necessary for the roommate request to be fulfilled.
How much money should i put on the store card for my camper?
Campers visit the giftshop once during the week (and you are more than welcome to visit when you drop off or pick up your camper). Campers also use their store account to buy snacks while at the pool (1-3 times during the week). Snacks range from 50¢ to $2.00. Some ballpark merchandise prices in our giftshop would be $3-5 for sunglasses; $8-10 for a small backpack; $10-12 for a t-shirt; $25-35 for a sweatshirt; $15-18 for a Nalgene water bottle; $18-20 for a hat.
How do I add money to the store card?
- Login to your Hebron account
- Click on "View Itinerary"
- Click on [Camper Name] Enrolled
- Manage Store Card & follow the prompts
- Click here for step-by-step screenshots on how to add money to a store account
Is there a packing list?
We will send you a pre-arrival letter via email 6 weeks prior to the start date of your camp which includes a specific packing list for your camper's week of camp. Here is a generic packing list that may be helpful:
- Sleeping Bag & Pillow
- Small Backpack or Cinch Sac
- Towel for the Pool & a Towel for Shower
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, deoderant, eyeware care, etc.)
- Flashlight or headlamp with extra batteries
- Water Bottle (please put your camper's name on it :-)
- Insect Repellant
- Swim Suit (Girls: No bikini's; Boys: No speedo's)
- Rain Jacket/Poncho
- 1-2 Pairs of Long Pants (need for horseback ride)
- Sneakers (Flip Flops & Crocs are only permitted for the pool)
- Shower/Water Shoes (ex: flip flops, water shoes for pool, shower, creek stomps)
- Bible, Notebook/Journal, Pencil or Pen
- 2 Large, Heavy Duty Garbage Bags Labeled with Camper Name (for dirty clothes & end of week pack-up)
How will I pay for this camp experience?
All prices are per person, unless otherwise noted. For most camps, a non-refundable registration fee of $50 is required at the time of registration, with the balance due one month prior to the date of the program, or upon registration if registering within one month of the program date. Checks or money orders can be mailed to the office, or you may by credit card through our account portal.
What if I can’t afford the cost of camp?
Our rates have deliberately been kept low in order to make the camp experience available to all who wish to come, however camperships are available for those who still have financial need. Information about campership funds can be found here.
Share the FUN! Ask our program staff about bring-a-friend discounts.